A full version history including the changes made in the most recent update is available on the UKTS Freeware Packs web site.
UKTrainSim Freeware Route Pack - The Lavender Line
The UKTrainSim Freeware Project has a dedicated web site containing lots of information and resources. It can be found at uktrainsim.com/FreewarePacks.
What's this all about?
The UKTrainSim Freeware Project is here to make your life easier. By collecting together freeware items and re-skins for RailWorks donated by the community into simple to download and install packs we hope to achieve the following core aims:
- Simple to install
- Reliable resource for freeware developers
- Significantly increase the amount of free content available
There are packs of assets, rolling stock, routes and scenarios and each one covers a particular theme. If you want to browse the available packs visit The Packs web page.
What's in This Pack?
This pack contains the Lavender Line by Geoff Potter. If you would like to see pictures of the route then browse the Freeware Packs Gallery where screenshots of this route can be viewed.
The Lavender Line comprises of about a mile of track running from Isfield Station to the disused bridge over the River Ouse. It was originally anticipated that this route would not take very long to build as with only about a mile of track, there seemed nothing particularly difficult about it. In fact it has taken over two years to complete mainly due to other projects distracting me and also my decision part way through the project to use this as a opportunity to experiment and improve my modelling and route building skills. Now that it is finished, there is still not very much track to play with, but the route is full of models and features that each have their own story to tell.
Included is a base free roam scenario with nothing in it except the route itself. You can use this as a template to create your own scenarios or perhaps to access the route to make changes. There are four included standard scenarios which are designed to demonstrate the way in which the seasons can be used to good effect on a small route like this and also how scenario specific scenery can add to the enjoyment of a scenario without altering the route itself.
Requirements for the Lavender Line
To use this route you must have the Isle of Wight RailWorks Expansion Pack installed and the following UKTS Freeware Packs:
The installer will check that these four items exist and if they donít direct to where they can be downloaded from.
Super Fast Pack Downloads for all UKTrainSim Premium Account Holders
The packs can be downloaded for free but at a reduced speed unless you are a UKTrainSim Premium Account holder. Premium Accounts enjoy superfast unlimited downloads of all of the Freeware Packs and all content in the largest TrainSim file library in the World! Premium membersip costs as little £3 for 1 month of unlimited downloads. 12 months can be had for the bargain price of just £20. For more details on how to become a premium account holder visit premium subscription web page.
A Very Big THANK YOU!
It goes without saying that the packs would not exist without the community coming together and supporting it. Many members of the community have offered words of encouragement, support, time, energy and much more. Throughout the development of the Freeware Pack Project I have made every attempt to record the donations and support people have given. Please take a moment to acknowledge all the people who have helped by visiting the Credits page.
Special thanks also goes to:
- The Lavender Line Preservation Society
- All those UKTrainSim members who visited my Lavender Line topic during the creation of this route and whose comments were of great use, and also those members who helped out when I had problems with some of my models.
- Matt Peddlesden and all of the UKTS Team for the facilities they provide and particularly the Download Library which already contains an amazing collection of routes, rolling stock and scenery for a wide range of simulations
- Paul Gausden (decapod) for the animals.
- Jim Nobbs (nobkins) who has tested the final route package and turned it into a UKTS Freeware route.
How can I Get Involved
Full details of what you can do to help with the UKTrainSim Freeware Project are available on the Get Involved web page.
Licensing Conditions for the Lavender Line Route Pack
- Freeware Route Packs may NOT be withdrawn from the UKTS Freeware Project after they have been donated however assets which have been donated as part of the pack and where the author retains permission to withdraw use of them may still be withdrawn. Asset authors should be aware that doing so would jeopardise the existence of the route and pack and therefore could force its withdrawal.
- The contents of this pack (route, scenarios, asset's etc) are for your own personal use and must not, under any circumstances, be sold or distributed in any way whatsoever without the written permission of the route author (Geoff Potter) or the creator of the individual assets concerned.
- This pack or any part of this pack must not be uploaded onto any website nor distributed via CD without the permission of the route author (Geoff Potter) or the creator of the individual assets concerned.
- This pack is only for distribution through uktrainsim.com
- You may make your own alterations to the Route but you must not release these without prior written permission from the route author (Geoff Potter)
These conditions will allow us to create a reliable, simple and completely free resource for the community. For the latest conditions visit uktrainsim.com/FreewarePacks.