Special Edition Wagons
RIP: Laurie Dickerson
RW RB Challenge 1
RW RB Challenge 2
Includes Cheque / Postal Order / Card Details!
Western Lines of Scotland
|Options(see also the menu on the left)
FOR MSTS - RELEASE 1
- This route features complete track from Bradford Forster Square to Leeds.
Trackwork from Shipley to Skipton is not included yet.
- This release only has scenery between Bradford and Shipley, but has full
signalling , platforms and speed limits along the route, meaning that
Activities can be created realistically.
- The trackwork was built using Tim Booth's excellent UK Finescale track set,
making it look more like an authentic British railway. Due to tunnel sections
not being available in release 1 of UKFS the Tunnel at Thackley is replace by a
high-sided cutting. This will be changed for future releases of the route.
- Although this is in many ways an incomplete route, I hope you will have fun
with it anyway. If you knwo the route well, I hope the scenery already in place
is accurate enough to simulate the experience of driving the route!
ABOUT THE AIREDALE LINE
The Airedale Line is an electrified route linking Leeds with Airedale
(obviously), with a branch line to Bradford Forster Square and a branch to
Ilkley (called the Wharfedale Line). The mainline makes its way through
pleasant countryside up into North Yorkshire. Services using this line are
mainly Arriva Trains Northern's Class 333 EMUs on local services between
Leeds, Bradford and Skipton. Arriva also runs diesel sets from Leeds past
Skipton on services to Carlisle & Glasgow (via the Settle and Carlisle
line) and to Morecambe via Lancaster. GNER run services to Bradford and
Skipton at peak periods which run to/from London King's Cross via the East
Before installing the route please check:
If you have not done these first, the route will not work!
- You have all six of the routes that come with Microsoft Train Simulator
- You have downloaded both parts of the Airedale installation pack (plus the patch).
|Airedale Line release 1 (part 1 of 2) [11565869 bytes] - airedale1.zip|
File ID: 2900 Date: 01 Sep 2002 - 8417 Downloads
|Airedale Line release 1 (part 2 of 2) [6913572 bytes] - airedale2.zip|
File ID: 2901 Date: 01 Sep 2002 - 7600 Downloads
|Airedale Patch [72674 bytes] - airedalepatch.exe|
File ID: 2909 Date: 02 Sep 2002 - 5235 Downloads
- You have installed Tim Booth's UK Finescale Track.
| [ bytes] - |
File ID: Date: 01 Jan 1970 - Downloads
Done all that? Right...
1. Double click on 'airedaleinstall1' to launch it.
2. The installer is set up to put the route into into a default
installation of MSTS. If you have your copy of MSTS installed in a different
place on your hard disk, don't worry, let it install to the default
destination for now, you can move it later.
3. If you are told the destination doesn't exist click 'yes'. Then
click 'Start'. This will install the first part of the route.
4. Double click on 'airedaleinstall2' to launch it. Follw steps 2
& 3 again.
5. At the end of the install there will be a checkbox asking if you
want to launch the Airedale Line. Make sure this is ticked and continue. This
will launch the batch file which will install files from the routes that come
with the game. Let it do its stuff. The window will either close itself or
the text will stop scrolling, meaning you can close the window.
6. The Airedale line should now appear in MSTS. It may take a while to
load the first time as it will need to 'load terrain buffers', this only
hapens once. You will be able to explore the route straight away.
If the route isn't showing up in MSTS and you've followed all the above
instructions, do the following:
- From the Windows Start Menu choose 'Search' and search for folders called
'airedale'. Once you find it, right click it and select 'copy'. Now search
for a folder call 'routes'. Once you find it, open it and paste 'airedale'
Many thanks to the following people, their 3D models and textures have been
used in this route:
Steve Nicklin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
John Milligan (email@example.com)
James Hunt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ian Morgan (email@example.com)
Sean Lim (firstname.lastname@example.org) Modern UK Office Building - Copyright (C)
Sean Lim, 2002. Used with permission.
You can contact me, Martin Bryant, the route author at email@example.com. If you
need help with installing or using the route you can alo post a message to
the forums at http://www.uktrainsim.com.
Scottish Central PLUS
NOW AVAILABLE in CD Ordering!
|If you don't have an Atomic account, you only get a limited
access to the site - sign up now (its free!) to gain access to extra
resources such as the File Library!|
5 out of 5
Queue contains 21 downloads.
Queue contains 368,908.00 Kb of files.